It's been a long summer, but quite a lot has happened in the meantime.
Here's a run-down on the personal stuff that's been going on:
- I spent most of the summer working on creating PD sessions. (Links to follow below)
- I also worked for my county on a technology team and a curriculum team.
- Every other spare moment was spent quilting. *Sigh of bliss*
- My husband and I spent time converting the guest room into a sewing studio.
- I got a new job (EEEP!) on weekends teaching quilting classes. (I'm Sew excited! HEHE)
- 2 weeks into having a sewing studio, I found out my sister would be moving in with us. She got a job in NC in the same county as me teaching 5th grade, so she moved up from Florida on a Friday just in time for the first workday the following Monday!
- And of course there has been plenty of room decorating and resource finding over the summer.
Whew! I've had students for ONE FULL WEEK now, and I (almost) forgot how FUN getting new students is. I love it.
Ok. So let's cover a couple of quick links I've promised first.
Here are the links to Livebinders I used to present at PD sessions over the summer:
This year, I was also fortunate enough to begin participation in a technology team, which means I get 10 iPads just for my room this year! I'm so excited to start using them with my students.