Friday, May 5, 2017

Number Sense Routines for High School

Hiya!

Welcome to the blog's new look! (I'm loving the clean, fresh feel...it's like spring cleaning, but for my screen, haha!)

I just wanted to take a quick moment today to share a Google site I built to house my favorite resources for number routines and building number sense for high school students.

We've all had students (or at least, I have!) that have been damaged in the past by teachers so concerned with a different recipe/procedure for every type of problem that their students end up uncomfortable thinking about numbers. There are plenty of quick, FUN activities that can build numeracy and just a bit of confidence, all while reinforcing classroom norms for discussion, collaboration, and problem-solving.


I even made this short link: tinyurl.com/HSnumeracy to make it easy to access. The site includes routines, links to number talks, & teacher info for implementing these types of activities and routines. There are even a few Global Math Department webinars to get you thinking! Did I mention that I love the new Google Sites? SO easy to use!

(And in case you're new around here, welcome! I've made a couple other collection websites in the past. One of my favorites is this Trello collection of review games & activities, from this post on Trello.)

6 comments: